Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Whose grass is greener?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yours?

Mine?

The ever elusive Jones’?

The life I have was created not by emulating what I appreciated in others but always by determining what I didn’t want to be.  All of my life experiences thus far have shown me the traits and the people I don’t wish to be like.

I have eliminated many things I don’t want to be, just by watching it happen to other people.

I don’t want to be: A drug addict, white trash, fat, lazy, a spoiled entitled princess, a boomerang parent, a boomerang child, an old person eating Alpo or poor, among others.

When who you are gets called into question, you have to be able to stand up and say this is who I am, for me I feel like I can’t say that because instead I say this is who I’m not.

Same thing? Perhaps!

0 comments to Whose grass is greener?:

Post a Comment