Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Book Review

Monday, November 2, 2009
The well-behaved child, Discipline that really works, By John Rosemond

This book provides a great (new, but old fashioned) viewpoint on parenting. This book is full of the parenting information your grandmother would have given you. Long gone are the days of letting our children fail. The new norm is coddling our kids and then wondering why we are dealing with screaming out of control children with no boundaries. This book illustrated techniques that the average parent may never have considered or even thought of.
Some of the techniques I found a bit harsh for my personal use on a three year old. But I am definitely saving some of them for later. I was able to adapt some of the basic techniques for my daughter and can say that so far so good. I really liked that the author talked about specific case studies and gave instructions on how best to make the techniques work He also provided ways to adapt the discipline methods for kids of different ages. I would recommend this book for parents that are having a hard time getting their children under control and are looking for something more. It kind of makes me look forward to the days when I have a mouthy teenager that I can “kick out of the garden”.

0 comments to Book Review:

Post a Comment