Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

The toilet is my worst enemy!

Friday, September 25, 2009
If someone had told me about this........









OK, So the Friday talk time is about potty training and the completion, duration and story of.

Is your child potty trained? No

When did I start training? Over two years ago.

When did I finish? Oh my! There is an end to this??????!?!?!??!?!

Now don't get me wrong, if you are one of those moms that says to me "Oh, we just took off little Johnny's/Jenny's diaper and they walked miraculously to the toilet" I am so proud of you.

But I also hate you! In a nice way!

Kind of.

My daughter decided once about two years ago that she would like to use the toilet. She sat on it all day and read books and played with toys. She may have even taken a nap there. That was the day. I just knew it, she was going to get in the rhythm of things. Get used to peeing and pooping, right now! What a lucky mom I am.

Then.....

I had to leave my house, so I asked my sister in law if she would be ever so kind to sit in the bathroom and hang out with her as she "figures it out". "Sure, no problem!"

Great.

In the short time I had gone, my sister in law decides that Grandma wants to visit with my daughter too. So she packs her up and takes her to her grandmothers house!

I think my daughter has used the toilet, on her own, approximately 5 times since that date!

I still, to this day, swear that had she spent an entire 12 hour period on the toilet, all of this, would have been done.

I could be wrong, but I guess we'll never know!

Fast Forward 6 months.

My daughter starts at a Montessori preschool. They also have a Montessori Primary program for ages 2.5 to 5. Perfect, this is just what I want for her.

Oh by the way, she needs to be potty trained in order to attend the class.

So I, my husband, the school and just about anybody who cared, loaded ourselves with knowledge. I must have bought 15 books on the subject. Which was great because we have 3 months to get this down. EASY!

She even manages to go by herself at the school a handful of times.

Then.........

I get a call........

Wow, this sounds very dramatic.......OK, back to the story.

Phone call.

It's the school that we have been on the waiting list for. Practically since she was born. (Sorry, I am "THAT" mom!)

They have one opening for their primary program (Also Montessori pre-school, if you aren't familiar)

Now, you must understand that this school has always been full. We were on the wait list for the Transition program (Kindergarten) and knew that the chances of getting in were pretty slim.

Requirement - Be 2.5 and potty trained.

No problem, we are almost there anyway. Yeah! I'll take the spot!!

Fast Forward another year: Present Day

My kid goes to school in Pull-Ups. Still.

The teachers nicely turn their heads and everyone is super understanding.
I have been to the Dr. multiple times and the word on the street is this.......

She will get it when she's ready and not a moment before!

Uggggghh, I can't wait!!!!!!

At least I have taken a new "whatever, she will get it when she gets it" attitude, but it kind of feels like a lie.

I want my kid to use the toilet like every one else!

0 comments to The toilet is my worst enemy!:

Post a Comment