Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

The first day of summer.

Monday, June 15, 2009
I feel like such a great mom today.
We went to the library for Bella's first "pick my own books" trip.
This is what she chose:
  • Things that sometimes happen by Avi
  • The Butterfly by Anna Milbourne and Cathy Shimmen
  • The English Roses by Madonna
  • Whittington by Alan Armstrong
  • Annie and Snowball and the Prettiest House by Cynthia Rylant
  • Touch! Touch! by Riki Levinson
She also joined the summer reading program so she can earn prizes for reading. I joined the same program buy for adults, I can earn a coffee mug!

We are now eating lunch and then she has gymnastics. What a great first day of summer vacation.

p.s. I went a little crazy at the library myself getting three different, and possibly opposing, parenting books.
  • ScreamFree Parenting
  • I was a really good mom before I had kids
  • Parenting at its best
I also got a book about Maria Montessori but that's neither here nor there.

0 comments to The first day of summer.:

Post a Comment